Monday, August 28, 2017

The Great White* North

I spent some time in Canada this summer. Here is my proof.

A bar I like with music. It seems to require more muscular security than in years past, so I may have to rethink its place in my itinerary.

Poutine. God help me but I love it.

No caption needed.


My hotel accommodations were nice but because of my poor timing were hideously expensive. What can you do?

I also saw a Second City comedy show. It had a significant portion directed against Trump, for a Canadian audience. They really do think too much about us. Some of that was amusing. Some of what was amusing was funny to me for reasons that the cast and writers did not intend (good grief, you really believe that?). Indeed, at one point in the show I was a prop for my whiteness. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course

Anyway, my thanks to Canada for a lovely visit.

*It refers to the snow, people. Just stop the hysteria.