Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Acceptable Collateral Damage

Oblivious biased leftist believes her aging father is deserving of scorn for believing propaganda.

Do read it all. This is spot on:

“I said some years ago that the genius of Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes was to have discovered a niche market in American broadcasting—half the American people,” Charles Krauthammer once observed. “The reason Fox News has thrived and grown is because it offers a vibrant and honest alternative to those who could not abide yet another day of the news delivered to them beneath layer after layer of often undisguised liberalism.”

As I've mentioned before, the media bias has been there all my life. I used to watch all the cable news channels (including MSNBC) until the Iraq War (the network stations lost me in the 1980s as I dropped CBS, then, NBC, and then ABC as I got tired of their obvious bias) got tough and the non-Fox channels descended into insanity and idiocy reporting on the war.

Often Fox anchors were just as clueless but they at least used the word "we" when describing what America was doing. For the other networks, it seemed like "America" was some other entity.

With major fighting over, I've actually added CNN back on my news list--but not Fareed Zakaria, who could not find his own buttocks with both hands and a GPS signal--but not MSNBC, which has devolved into a left-wing parody of what the Left believes Fox New is.

And especially enjoy the part where Fox News viewers are mesmerized with hand gestures.

As I've long said, I believe it is an assault on language to believe "liberal minded" is a synonym to "open minded."

I won't argue that conservatives are more open minded than liberals. But the liberal conceit that they are uniquely open minded and rational is both insulting and annoying.

What I can do is refrain from arguing about politics unless pushed. I can at least live and let live.

Anyway, it's kind of amazing that the author of the "documentary" discussed in that article is so oblivious to her own bias and her own throwing her dad under the bus over politics.

#keepitclassy