Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This Would Explain a Lot

Our updated illustration of Osama bin Laden has a bit of a problem--it's based on some Spanish guy's picture:

A Spanish lawmaker on Tuesday rejected the United States' apology for the FBI's using a photo of him to create a poster showing what Osama bin Laden might look like today, and demanded the U.S. investigate.

Gaspar Llamazares, of the United Left party, said he wanted to know if the FBI has a habit of keeping files on leftist politicians in the U.S., Europe, Latin American or elsewhere.

You have to feel sorry for the guy. I mean other than for his over-inflated sense of importance. Every time he hears the whine of a toy airplane overhead, he dives for cover now in case it is a Predator making positive ID on him.

Hey, I sympathize. I really do. I live in fear of somebody angry over a shoddy consumer electronics product gunning for me.

So our crack counter-terrorist portrait unit is going back to the old picture of the bearded man that they based their first Osama poster on:




I'm starting to figure out why we haven't found bin Laden yet.