Friday, October 09, 2009

Dwell Time Plan

I always thought the plan for reservists on dwell time was 1 year deployed and 5 years at home. This fits well with a reservist's normal 6-year commitment for drilling status.

But General Casey says 1:4 (although my memory might be correct and this is a change):

Casey said he wants to move the active force to a rotational cycle of almost one year deployed and two years at home station, and to move the reserve component to a 1:4 ratio by 2011."

I am pleased with the progress we have made as an Army, and I believe we will continue to move along those lines and we will get very close to our objectives here by 2011," Casey said.


I'm more worried about the active component dwell time at this point. But long term, reservists need rather more predictability to maintain civilian careers.