Monday, December 23, 2013

Ah, Time!

It's nice to have extra time with the kids over break.

Mister was enjoying football, and time to play with his XBox and computer chess; but Lamb and I managed to bake cookies and make home-made chocolate-covered potato chips.

We used chocolate Easter bunnies for the dip.

Yes, from last Easter. They were fine.

Anyway, the cookies are good (and Lamb used some of the molten chocolate on a portion of the cookies. Mmmm.

And the chip treats are actually pretty good, too. That's something I'll make again. Although I have a Trader Joe's nearby that sells reasonably priced bags of them. But they have a higher ratio of chocolate-to-chip than I'd prefer.

On the down side, home-made treat-wise, Lamb might be getting a little tired of the mustard pretzels we've been making. So that might be a flash-in-the-pan treat. Surely there's another use for ground mustard--though I have no clue right now as to what that might be.

Tomorrow, I'll have to finally wrap presents. Which is pretty good considering I only mailed Christmas cards on Thursday.

And I'm starting to think one card I mailed won't make it to its destination. I attached triple postage but it was kind of heavy. I half expected to see it come back by now. We'll see.

Anyway. It's good to have time. That's really more valuable than anything else. And that's what I've chosen to have. So it's all good. :-)