Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I Before E is the Usual Rule

Israel is taking responsibility for the Sudan factory bombing:

Israeli officials have quietly revealed that the force sent to bomb an Sudanese weapons plant on October 23rd consisted of eight F-15I fighter-bombers, four of them carrying two 2000 pound (909 kg) smart bombs each.

Israel is the usual suspect when things like this go boom.

But I would be remiss if I didn't mention that we have 8 F-15 Strike Eagles in Djibouti at the other end of the Red Sea:

The American-French base in Djibouti (Somalia’s northern neighbor) now has eight Predator UAVs and eight F-15E fighter-bombers.

But I'm suspicious that way.

The most likely explanation is that Israel bombed the Iranian factory in Sudan to keep weapons from going to Gaza.

But Israel might be willing to take the blame to get us involved and we'd be willing to let the usual suspect take the blame.

There are times I'd love to have the clearance to know this stuff.