Sunday, August 27, 2006

This Settles It. We Are on the Verge of Victory

I confess I think little of Michael O'Hanlon's analytical abilities. I hardly follow his work but when I read him I either think he's banal or almost amusingly wrong.

O'Hanlon (via Real Clear Politics) thinks we must consider encouraging ethnic cleansing in Iraq to separate the Sunnis, Shias, and Kurds. And let the Sunnis have oil revenue in their enclave even though they have no oil in Sunni areas.

Well, granting Sunnis oil money surely won't encourage those nimrods to give up, now will it?

And just how do we split Baghdad? Are the Sunnis to be expelled to Anbar to enjoy the sand and sun? Or work out the inter-marriage between the three major groups?

Oh, and he cites Bosnia as an example of how this can work in practice.

I'll at least say that this article isn't banal.