Sunday, July 15, 2007

So Close ...

Congress wants answers over the Libby commutation plastic turkey issue.

Robert Novak asked the only question I want answered regarding L'Affaire de Plame when he talked to Richard Armitage:

I then asked Armitage a question that had been puzzling me but, for the sake of my future peace of mind, would better have been left unasked.

Why would the CIA send Joseph Wilson, not an expert in nuclear proliferation and with no intelligence experience, on the mission to Niger?

"Well," Armitage replied, "you know his wife works at CIA, and she suggested that he be sent to Niger." "His wife works at CIA?" I asked. "Yeah, in counterproliferation."


I remain puzzled. That answer still doesn't settle my question. This answers the question who suggested sending Wilson.

We still don't know why the CIA thought sending the buffoon Wilson on such an important mission was a good idea.