Monday, May 01, 2006

It's About Time

Is it too soon to make a movie about United Flight 93?

I guess it depends on what you mean by "soo soon." Too soon after we were hit with an act of war that killed nearly 3,000 of us? No. It is far overdue, in that case.

But if you mean too soon after some Americans strangely got all worked up and jingoistic about peace-loving Moslems expressing justified grievances against American crimes and it would be better if we just had a little more time for that anger to die down so we can get back to that proper guilt-like miasma that should envelop all our interactions with the noble Third World, then yes it is too soon.

I guess the "too soon" crowd thinks movies like this might just enrage the average American NASCAR-watching yokels who bizarrely don't like being attacked even if Pepsi does displace indigenous drink products in Upper We'repissedoffistan.

If it isn't too soon for filmakers to make movies lying about American motives and attacking the war effort, it is hardly too soon to have a movie about our first counter-attack on United Flight 93.

Me? I honestly don't know how people need to be reminded about what those bastards did to us. Or need reminding about what we need to do. But if 9/11 is getting vague in your mind, by all means see the movie. I'll wait to see it on video. This honestly isn't something I want to see with a theater full of people. If I hear someone cry out "too soon!" I might just go postal. I remember very well what we are up against.

Remember your rage. And use it. We still have enemies to kill.