Saturday, April 11, 2015

Childhood's End

An era is ending. I've enjoyed blogging about my children over the years. I'm a lucky dad. But I already eased out of blogging about Mister, who is now an adult, too, because at some point I didn't want to cause embarrassment by something any parent would find cute but a child of a certain age would find social sepuku.

And now I find myself at that point with my youngest, Lamb. She wanted to color Easter eggs, but the joy of that first time is long gone. Is this the last egg-coloring event in my household (well, until grandchildren some day, perhaps?)?


As I'm the only one who actually will eat these eggs, my April diet may or may not improve (depending on the state of demon or angel egg in dietary guidelines--I lose track).

So as the Home Front posts dwindle to the odd post about myself or my home, it isn't because things are wrong on my home front. I'm very proud of my kids and they are doing well. I have just reached a point where I don't want to do harm.

I suppose I could just post and leave them in draft form for much later publication. I'll have to ponder that. I do enjoy having this record of their childhoods--as seen through my eyes.