Saturday, February 18, 2006

Excuse Me for Insensitivity

Vital Perspectives has this gem:

Mohsen Gharavian, a lecturer at the religous schoosl of Qom and a disciple of [Ayatollah] Mesbah Yazdi, said for the first time that the use of nuclear weapons may not constitute a problem according to shari'a. He further said that "when the entire world is armed with nuclear weapons, it is only natural that, as a counter-measure, it is necessary to be able to use these weapons. However, what is important is what goal they may be used for."

Excuse me for my ignorance, but I guess I never suspected that the Koran would prevent our enemies from using nukes against us. I mean, given that they use the Koran to justify killing us in all sorts of non-nuclear manners, I wasn't aware this was an issue.

So I guess we're all clear on this now.