Thursday, July 14, 2005

All I've Ever Wanted to Know

All I've ever wanted to know about the non-scandal of the Affaire de' Plame is what incompetent or scheming CIA bureucrat (and as a bureaucrat I say that with utmost respect) out to undermine the administration's Iraq policies sent the partisan Joseph Wilson on a mission so clearly unsuited to him?

I mean, really, the man couldn't identify the type of tea he was sipping if it was handed to him poolside. Oh wait, that he could do. Seriously though, this man apparently lied about his findings, lied about what he told the CIA, and lied about his wife's role in his mission. And we're supposed to take his claims seriously?

But Wilson can appear on all the magazine covers he wants. In the end I don't care about his fanciful tales of high tea in sub-Sahara Africa. The real scandal is a CIA that has its own foreign policy and can't be bothered to follow the policies of its elected boss.

Who decided to follow Plame's advice to send Wilson on such an important mission? That's what I want to know.