Monday, June 16, 2014

NETFLIX Continues to Disappoint

My nonconnection saga with NYETFLIX contines.

Somehow, their tech support says that while I can watch on my hard-wired computer, watch via WIFI on my laptop, my phone, and my daughter's tablet, the reason I cannot watch on my TV via either the Wii or Xbox 360 connected via WIFI is because my ISP signal isn't good enough in some way.

So I should address this with my ISP.

When my TV can reach YouTube via the consoles with no problem, in what world does that explanation make sense?

When I've had the same ISP for several years now and until a few months ago had to problem getting in; and until a few weeks ago could get in if I tried several times. Now it is just dead.

And why would the tech support also tell me that maybe my connection difficulty (only through the game consoles, mind you) is because I tried during peak hours to use the game console connections? Why would I be able to connect via every other platform I try?

I should try watching at 5:00 a.m., perhaps? Or does that run into the West Coast post-bar viewing time?

Did these people use the Healthcare.gov programmers to write their game platform software? Because nothing else makes sense.

Right now, I'm just looking for an option to get out. This is just ridiculous.