Monday, June 13, 2005

No Good Can Come of This

Well isn't this nice?

The Russians have sent their ambassador to Iraq to meet with that two-time insurrectionist and murderer, Muqtada al-Sadr.

The Russians are seriously bugging me. When they took that horrible attack at Beslan, I wrote my sympathies to the Russian embassy here and donated some money to the victims. But actions like this seriously erode my level of friendship. Sadr is probably an Iranian tool and he deserves to swing from a gallows for the deaths he has caused. I don't trust Sadr. I don't trust Putin's government. And I sure as heck don't trust the two having tea together.

The Russians are no friends of ours to do this.

And if the Russians think they are paying us back for President Bush visiting former Soviet republics on the assumption that this was encroaching on Russia's sphere, Moscow better end their pretense that Russians were victims of Soviet communism rather than the proponents and beneficiaries of communism.

State Department, take note: Russians beaten and not victimized.