Saturday, August 13, 2016

Hey, I Was Born This Way

Today is International Left Handers Day. Wow, we get a day.

So yeah, this is how I use a right-handed mouse.


It's a wonder I can right-click or even use a computer at all.

Those less charitable might say this explains a lot.

Sure, the mouse can be switched to accommodate a left-hander like myself. But I grew up having to learn how to use a mouse without that simple programming that wasn't built into the thing from day one. It's too late for me, now. Although I have hope for younger generations of left-handers who won't suffer this indignity.

So enjoy your Right Handed Privilege, you 87 percenters out there who just don't get it and who have longer lifespans from using power tools actually designed for your use while surviving.

Don't even get me started on the injustice of having to throw right-handed grenades.

Still, I find I can work amongst the 87% easily enough. Oddly enough, despite being very left-handed, I have strong linear thinking ability as righties are supposed to have.

So perhaps I'm a left-right hybrid species doing it all.