Monday, August 21, 2017

Democracy Dies in Eclipse Darkness?

Am I being overly worried to wonder if jihadis might think blows against Americans in the path of eclipse totality might make a great propaganda campaign?

UPDATE: Less disturbing than terrorism is this essay that essentially says today is about Making Eclipses Great Again.

Some people have too much time on their hands.

UPDATE: Clouds didn't roll in until just after peak eclipse (around 80%, I think, in Michigan). But pictures on camera didn't turn out. My best was an early one:


Later ones of a crescent on top just looked like a full disk in the photo. I don't know what I did on the early one to catch the edge of the moon so clearly.

But it looked pretty cool. I never saw one before.

UPDATE: I was overly worried. The only crying came from overwrought observers of the eclipse.