Saturday, August 06, 2016

But I Do Know That I'm Superior to You

Is it truly possible that American college students largely believe that slavery was a uniquely American practice rather than a common form of labor for thousands of years of recorded history (and which still exists underground in large parts of the world)?

Don't know much about history:

I started giving quizzes to my juniors and seniors. I gave them a ten-question American history test… just to see where they are. The vast majority of my students - I’m talking nine out of ten, in every single class, for seven consecutive years – they have no idea that slavery existed anywhere in the world before the United States. Moses, Pharaoh, they know none of it. They’re 100% convinced that slavery is a uniquely American invention… How do you give an adequate view of history and culture to kids when that’s what they think of their own country – that America invented slavery? That’s all they know.

I think I'm going to be physically ill.

No wonder so many of these credentialed dolts believe America is exceptionally evil.

These fools should note that even the new British leader, Prime Minister May, has put her weight behind fighting the modern problem in Britain.

Tip to Instapundit.