Monday, December 28, 2015

What I Really Like About Windows 10

I just love how Windows 10 will update my computer while I'm away or asleep and restart it, wiping out all the tabs I have open in my browsers.

Windows 8 would at least let me know that my browser unexpectedly closed and ask me if I want to restore it. Even if that option opened up tons of tabs that I had closed much earlier and so did not want, at least I had the option of restoring the whole mess and deleting the ones I've finished with.

So thanks!

UPDATE: In a pre-publication update, I was just reminded about how much I love it when the CPU for no apparent reason hits maximum usage when all I have open are a half dozen or so tabs in Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Why that should tax a computer only about a year old is beyond me.

The screen goes black and the only way to get out of it is to power down the computer and start it up again. Naturally, all the open tabs are dead.

If I wasn't past the one-month grace period, I'd switch back to Windows 8 for my desktop where these things did not happen.

Thanks again!

UPDATE: I clearly made a mistake in updating from Windows 8 and 7. Tip to Instapundit.