Friday, March 13, 2015

Treason? Or Heresy?

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it sign a petition to arrest you for treason.

I'm so old, I remember when dissent was the highest form of Patriotism.

UPDATE: On the bright side, another quote widely mis-used during the Bush 43 administration can now be used properly: "False patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

UPDATE: Jonah rightly slams the treason notion. Do read  it.

He notes what we could be talking about if the standard has been lowered that far.

But I disagree that the mistake was in addressing the open letter to the Iranians rather than President Obama.

If the letter had been addressed to the president, the charge would have been heresy against The One--with a heavy dose of suspected racism, of course.