Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Echelon Above Reality

I hate it when I listen to President Obama speak and I get my hopes up only to have them dashed by the reality of his thinking.

Speaking at CENTCOM today, the president had a good opening showing good rapport with the military audience.

I do like to see that connection by our commander-in-chief.

And then, as President Obama is beginning anew the Iraq War, he commends the troops for winning in Afghanistan and states that he will soon "responsibly end" that war.

Does the president not care if his speeches match reality?

In 2011, the president "responsibly ended" the Iraq War. And less than three years later we're going back in to Iraq to fight enemies.

But the president draws no conclusions from his personal experience of his policies in Iraq that will affect his rigid plans already set down for Afghanistan.

He's the commander-in-chief sitting in the echelon above reality on the table of organization.