Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fourteen Candles

The Dignified Rant turns 14 years old today.

Yes, all that you survey began when I activated The Dignified Rant on July 12, 2002 on my existing Geocities site.

I was actually inspired by James Lileks' site. I liked his variety of blogging, writing, and other stuff.

I moved to Blogger in November 2004, as space ran out at Geocities and as non-blogging publishing faded as a goal.

My project to migrate pre-Blogger posts to this site kind of foundered on the tedium of copying, pasting, and posting. But that's still a goal.

This is my first post. About Iraq. I'm still blogging about Iraq.

And still operating as a one-man blogger. Which is apparently a rarity these days.

I just hope to contribute to the foreign policy debates of the age. And mock the idiocy every once in a while.

I do not use Twitter. Although I don't rule out supplementing this blog with that method, I lean against it. And I don't use Facebook.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Whoever and wherever you are. The idiocy remains a target-rich environment.

UPDATE: I mean twelve years. Is it better to claim bad math or that I forgot what year this is?