Thursday, June 19, 2014

Their Fears Should Not Be My Problem

Bugger Off, Organic Mommy Mafia:

The report states, in no uncertain terms, that the organic food industry conspired to deceive the public about the safety of conventionally grown food. By raising doubts over the scientific consensus on pesticides, hormones, and GMOs, organic food marketers deliberately played on people's fears in order to expand the industry.

Just one study. But I've read similar analysis of the value of the product.

I especially like the fact that organic fruits and vegetables certainly are grown using pesticides rather than having hippies lovingly pluck insects off of the leaves before they do damage.

I live within walking distance of a Whole Foods Market. I've never gone there. Although I have gone by it many times on the way to the Tim Horton's.