Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Ouch

I ran for the first time this month.

My ongoing endless-winter debate of whether to be homicidal or suicidal finally got to me, and I just didn't feel like running. Plus I was glued to Ukraine events. And the usual family duties that popped up just when I thought I would run.

I hit rock bottom on Sunday when I did my taxes instead of running. That was a cry for help if ever I heard one.

So the good news is that I ran 2 miles today. Oh, and I didn't have a heart attack while doing so--which at my age is a big victory.

But my time topped 20 minutes. I haven't been over 16 minutes in months. So now I have to climb that mountain again.

I comfort myself that this is the first winter I've run through the winter. In past springs, I haven't even been able to run a mile first time out. And I'd spend at least a couple months working up to 2 miles. So I'm better than past years.

Hopefully next winter I'll manage to go year-round.

Hopefully, I run two more times this week to get back in the groove as soon as possible.