Wednesday, July 31, 2013

No Good Time Goes Unpunished

Oh my God.

I was on vacation and didn't run for three weeks. On Monday I ran again. And again today.

Before I went on vacation, I ran 2.4 miles for the first time this year. I figured that if I could run more than usual, when I returned and ran 2 miles it would be all okay.

But my goodness, I'm in agony running 2 miles. And I'm doing it about a minute and a half longer than pre-vacation time. How could I have deteriorated so much in just three weeks? Is it any wonder that after a winter off I can't even think about 2 miles for 5 or 6 weeks of easing in?

Never get out of the effing boat. I really must resolve to keep running through the winter. One of these years the agony of starting over is just going to seem like too much effort to get through.