Monday, February 04, 2013

The Man Knows His Heels

Senator Kerry is reporting for doodie with a pledge to live up to past Secretaries of State:

As the first man in the post in eight years, Kerry referred to his two most recent predecessors, Clinton and Condoleezza Rice, by asking in jest: "Can a man actually run the State Department?"

"I don't know," he answered. "As the saying goes, I have big heels to fill." ...

"I guarantee you that beginning this morning when I report for duty upstairs, everything I do will be focused on the security and safety of our people," he said.

I have no doubt that he's the man to fill those heels.

The question is whether he can pour water out of them when the instructions are written on the heels. But if he can't? Well, what difference does it make at this point, anyway?