Thursday, March 04, 2010

People Unclear on the Concept

I heard this news on the radio this morning (89X out of Detroit) on the way to work, and had to find it:

PRISON bosses are about to open the world's most luxurious jail with flatscreen TVs, its own recording studio - and even a climbing wall.

The £160m prison, near Oslo, Norway, gives 252 lags a single en suite cell with its own bathroom and windows without bars.

And then there's the art work. Although since it is described as "modern art" perhaps that is the punishment (modernartboarding?).

I almost made some snide comment about wall climbing exercise being a great training regimen for breaking out of the prison. But one, I'm sure you'd just have to go over the hedge to leave. and two, why'd anyone want to leave?

I just don't get the world. I've spent time in less appealing accomodations while on friggin' vacations!