Saturday, October 11, 2008

Lipstick on a Pig

Excuse me if I don't celebrate this decision:

After North Korea relented on nuclear inspection demands, the U.S. on Saturday erased from a terrorism blacklist the communist country President Bush once branded part of an "axis of evil."


The inspection details are good, according to our people:

"Every single element of verification that we sought going in is part of this package," her spokesman, Sean McCormack, told reporters at a rare weekend briefing. The North's removal from the list was effective immediately.


We can't trust them. Their proliferation efforts show that. Supposedly, the North Koreans will verify that their proliferation efforts are ended.

Yes, we want to drag out negotiations to give North Korea time to die. And perhaps the ability of the regime to get more luxury goods while the country falls apart around them is a good thing.

But I'm not happy and I won't be happy until it is proven I should be happy we did this.