Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Just a Link for the Pure Pleasure of It

Paul Campos is quite possibly the most idiotic writer on foreign policy issues that I have ever read. Although the fact that Paul Krugman is an "economist" is probably all that saves Campos in this category. Oh, and because Ted Rall is technically a cartoonist. I admit I tend to only see his column when somebody else links to it, so perhaps he isn't the idiot he seems when I do catch his column.

Protein Wisdom slams a recent Campos piece. I only link it because the post title is similar to one I used for a post on the pure drivel that Campos manages to deliver for his paper.

And please, Paul, don't consider my criticisms of your aging hippie policies in any way "chilling" on your right to dissent. You have a column in a newspaper, so any image you have of typing a newsletter on the brave Viet Cong while in your co-op basement while smoking a joint is rather out of date. "The Man" isn't looking for you. Really.

But try to remember that exercising your right does have a price. Campos won't see it that way, because the only issue involved in Iraq for him is his right to dissent. Aging boomers like Campos always did fail to comprehend that whole "consequences of your actions" concept.